- About Mazda
- SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY
- Media Library
MAZDA OPENS 2012 WITH RECORD SALES
- January Sales Skyrocket 68.2 Percent -
IRVINE, Calif. (February 1, 2012) - Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported its best January since 1994 with U.S. sales of 23,996 vehicles, accounting for a huge increase of 68.2 percent versus last year.
Key January sales notes:
- Having the right cars on the dealer lots, combined with heavy advertising weights over the holiday season raising shopper awareness, resulted in many Mazda vehicles reporting record sales.
- Mazda2 celebrated its best-ever sales month with 3,030 vehicles, accounting for a 532.6 percent increase.
- Mazda3 sales of 9,200 vehicles accounted for a 83.4 percent increase over last year and its best-ever January. The new 2012 Mazda3 features Mazda's innovative SKYACTIV-G engine and SKYACTIV-Drive automatic transmission that achieves up to 40 MPG on the highway, and is a "2012 Top Safety Pick" by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Mazda 6 reported its best month since March 2008 with 4,929 vehicles sold, a 118.3 percent increase over last year.
Rounding out January sales for the North American market, Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported its best-ever January, with sales of 2,579 vehicles, accounting for a 14.0 percent increase versus last year. Mazda Canada, Inc. (MCI) sold 3,727 vehicles in January, up 1.0 percent compared to last January.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States, Canada and Mexico through nearly 900 dealers. Operations in Canada are managed by Mazda Canada, Inc., located in Ontario; and in Mexico by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.
# # #