<< Back to News ]
MAZDA REPORTS 20.4 PERCENT SALES GAIN IN NOVEMBER
Dec 1, 2011
IRVINE, Calif. (December 1, 2011) - Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported strong November U.S. sales of 18,432 vehicles, representing an increase of 20.4 percent versus last year. On a Daily Selling Rate (DSR) basis, Mazda's November 2011 sales were up 15.6 percent. Year-to-date sales through November are up 9.6 percent versus last year, with 228,073 vehicles sold.
Key November sales notes:
- Mazda6 celebrated its best month since March 2009, with sales of 4,292 vehicles accounting for a 53.9 percent increase.
- Mazda's stylish CX-7 and CX-9 crossover SUVs celebrated their best November since 2007, with increases of 7.0 percent and 39.2 percent respectively. On the year, CX-7 sales are up 29.8 percent with 32,940 vehicles sold, while CX-9 is up 18.0 percent with 30,215 vehicles sold.
- Mazda5 sales are up 15.1 percent with 982 vehicles sold.
- Mazda2 sales are up 73.4 percent with 801 vehicles sold in November. Year-to-date Mazda2 sales are up more than four-fold.
- Mazda3 sales of 6,873 vehicles accounted for a 6.2 percent increase. The new 2012 Mazda3 features Mazda's innovative SKYACTIV-G engine and SKYACTIV-Drive automatic transmission that achieves 40 MPG on the highway, all without sacrificing driving performance.
Rounding out the North American market, Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported its best-ever November with sales of 2,884 vehicles, accounting for a 21.0 percent increase versus last year. MMdM's year-to-date sales are up 20.0 percent with 26,200 vehicles sold. In a challenging market, Mazda Canada, Inc. (MCI) sold 5,169 vehicles, down 2.0 percent versus last year. MCI's year-to-date sales of 64,318 vehicles are down 12.0 percent versus last year.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States, Canada and Mexico through nearly 900 dealers. Operations in Canada are managed by Mazda Canada, Inc., located in Ontario; and in Mexico by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.
# # #