<< Back to News ]
MAZDA REPORTS MAY SALES
- Mazda5 Reports Best May Sales Since 2008 -
Jun 1, 2011
IRVINE, Calif. (June 1, 2011) - Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported May sales of 17,875 vehicles, down 20.9 percent versus May of 2010. Year-to-date sales stand at 103,072, and are outpacing last year's sales at this time by 5.7 percent.
Key May sales notes:
- The Mazda5 multi-activty vehicle reported its best May sales since 2008 with 1,628 vehicles sold, up 14.3 percent versus last May
- Mazda5 sales are up 22.9 percent year-to-date
- After five consecutive months of sales increases, the Mazda CX-7 and CX-9 crossover SUVs (up 20.2 and 16.7 percent respectively, year-to-date) experienced their first sales dip
- On May 25, Mazda announced global production of the three-millionth Mazda3
- There were 25 selling days this May, versus 27 last year
Rounding out the North American market, Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported May sales of 2,057 vehicles, accounting for a 14.1 percent increase versus last May. MMdM's year-to-date sales are up 18.6 percent, with 10,902 vehicles sold. Mazda Canada, Inc. (MCI) sold 6,587 vehicles, down 18.0 percent versus last May. MCI's year-to-date sales of 27,806 vehicles are also down 17.0 percent.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States, Canada and Mexico through nearly 900 dealers. Operations in Canada are managed by Mazda Canada, Inc., located in Ontario; and in Mexico by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.